Friday, September 25, 2009

Mid-season blues

Well, it's been a heck of a couple of weeks since I last blogged but, the crew season is well underway and with it comes a serious lack of extra time and energy...which plays out as laundry piling up, cereal for dinner, and not much time for blogging.

But any way its Friday and I am nearly half way through the season and things are going well. I have two great assistant coaches and we have a bunch of really great kids and so - can't complain. Except....

We've hit that inevitable point in the season when somebody decides to push the teammate envelope. As in "I can show up whenever I like and still be a teammate". As in "I can dog half the workouts and still be a teammate". As in "I can be rude to the underclassmen and still be a teammate". Errrrr.

I hate having the conversation that has to come, but I hate worse what this kid is doing to the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment